The Data Analysis Working Group meeting will be held on 25 May 2021 at 12:00 UTC.
1. Report from the DAWG chairs
The DAWG chairs will present a brief overview of the DAWG’s activities during the past year
2. User interaction with DAWG software
- Review results from DAWG survey
- Do users update to the latest RST/pyDARN releases? Where do you obtain software updates? Is the software easy to install?
- Discuss ways to increase participation in DAWG activities, especially testing new code
- Outline the process for adding new code to DAWG software
3. Introduction to pyDARN
- Outline the scope of pyDARN as a SuperDARN data visualization package
- What new features would users like to have included in pyDARN?
4. FITACF 3.0
- Proposal to the PI Executive Council to approve FITACF v3.0 as the default fitting algorithm in the RST (and retain v2.5 as a non-default option)
- Brief review of the key differences between the two fitting algorithms, and the scientific advantages of FITACF 3.0
- Opportunity to ask questions
Asking questions before the meeting is encouraged: please send questions to Emma Bland (email@example.com)
5. Data formats
- Maintaining support for old data formats
- Data format conversion tools for cdf, hdf5, ascii, etc.